Friday, June 12, 2009

My New Loves

So far this summer (and it's officially only been two days), I have already fallen in love five times. I love...
1. Sufjan Stevens.
I've been wanting to get more Sufjan Stevens music since I heard him on the Driving Lessons soundtrack. I'm so glad I got Illinoise. I'm currently basking in the amazingness right now. It's ridiculous how excited I am about this CD. I can't remember the last time I music made me so happy. Plus, not only is he a brilliant musician, he is absolutely gorgeous.
2. The God Delusion
So maybe it's weird to be in love with a book, especially one that is about the non-existence of God. But I am. I guess my liberal-Unitarian Universalist self gets excited to read about things like that. Granted, I don't agree with everything Richard Dawkins says, especially since I consider myself to agnostic, but it still is completely interesting. I like expanding my spiritual/religious beliefs.
3. So You Think You Can Dance
I don't know why I never watched this show. I guess it's because I hate reality television, but this show is different somehow. It makes me wish I could dance SO BAD. There are so many talented dancers on the show, but my favorites are Evan and Kapono. Or however you spell that guy's name.
4. Crank
Props to Lauren Gonzalez for giving me this book to read. It's one of the most unique and beautiful books I've ever read. I now know I'm never ever going to do meth. Even though I've known that pretty much my entire life. The book is pure genius. 
5. Making lists
Ok, so this may seem silly, but for some reasons, making lists relax me. I'm probably going to incorporate lists in all of my blog entries now.

So there ya go. 5 new things I love. Life is good. :)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha. I love that #4 is Crank, which I know is a book, but still you seem like a crackhead with no context.

    ReplyDelete